home contact numbers generalinfo


Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)

If you were impacted in any way by the recent floods or tornados, you may be eligible for disaster assistance. Contact FEMA to begin your application process, or to check on the status of an existing application.

Mississippi Emergency Management Agency (MEMA)

MEMA can assist with information such as: evacuation routes, shelters, etc.

Mississippi Department of Employment Security (MDES)

Disaster Unemployment Assistance is available for flood-related Unemployment Insurance claims. If you have lost your source of employment due to flood or tornado, contact MDES for assistance.

Mississippi Department of Health (MDOH)

Contact MS Department of Health for any nursing home or hospital evacuations

Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT)

Statewide road closure information can be obtained by contacting the Mississippi Department of Transportation

Mississippi Department of Insurance

If you questions regarding your insurance, or are having trouble with a claim, contact the Mississippi Department of Insurance.

Mississippi Department Wildlife and Fisheries
1-800- BE-SMART

Mississippi Department of Wildlife and Fisheries should be contacted if you have any wildlife related issues in your home or property.

American Red Cross

Small Business Administration (SBA)
800- 659-2955
The Small Business Administration (SBA) has a division dedicated to disaster assistance.  For more information or to apply for SBA disaster assistance, call the SBA Disaster Assistance Customer Service Center.

Mississippi Department of Education

Questions concerning k-12 education (school closures, relocation, etc.) should be directed to the Mississippi Department of Education.

State Board for Community and Junior Colleges
Questions regarding Community and Junior Colleges should be directed to the State Board for Community and Junior Colleges.

Institutions of Higher Learning (IHL) 

Questions regarding Universities should be directed to the IHL.

Mississippi Department of Agriculture and Commerce

All Agriculture questions should be directed to the Mississippi Department of Agriculture and Commerce.

State Veterans Affairs Board

Contact for information regarding Veterans Affairs.

Mississippi Department of Mental Health
Contact for information about mental health services.

Mississippi Department of Rehabilitation Services (Disabled Mississippians)
Contact the MS Department of Rehabilitation Services if assistance is needed evacuating or finding a shelter for a disabled Mississippian.